No announcement yet.

Edit config file how do I now save it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit config file how do I now save it?

I did all the editing that needed in WordPad then when I went to save the file I got this warning "You are about to save this file in a "Text-Only Format" which will remove all formatting, are you sure you want to do this?"
    So since it doesn't say what to do in the manual I'm afraid to do this, what should I do? The only other formats available in my WordPad are "RTF", "MS-DOS", and "Unicode Text".
    Thanks alot,
    D.Divine
    Last edited by DarknessDivine; Thu 27 May '04, 9:47am.

Got a Boxer?
    BoxerTalk

I went ahead and copied the original file to another folder so if I do save it wrong I can redo it with the copy can't I? Not to be a bother, just on very limited time is all.

Got a Boxer?
    BoxerTalk

Comment

You should save this as text only.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I would have used notepad not word pad.

Comment

I normally do poolking but the manual states to use "word pad" instead of "note pad" because "note pad" has problems reading or doing something right?

Got a Boxer?
          BoxerTalk

Comment

If you use notepad (or any editor) you need to make sure that wordwrap is turned off.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If you take a look around the forum there is a discussion on php editors some of which are free. You should take a look and get one of them. It will make your life a little easier.

One php editor that I can think of off hand is syn-edit which is free and can be found on sourceforge.net
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Working...
              X