Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very old UBB post icon appearing on forum home

Hello,

A long time ago, I imported my UBB into vB 2.X (can't remember the exact version) and I've been using vB ever since. Currently, I'm running version 3.0. I noticed a weird thing today - I replied to a thread that was originally created using UBB and I noticed that on the forum home (index.php), it attempted to put a UBB style post icon before the thread's title in the "last post" column. This is weird for a few reasons...first of all, I've NEVER used post icons of any of my forums and that applies to UBB and vB. Secondly, I've never noticed this problem before. The file it's trying to link to is ubb/icons/icon1.gif. I realize I could just add a replacement value that links to a 1x1 blank image instead of this but how can I remove all references to the icon so that it doesn't happen whenever someone responds to a thread that was created from UBB? Thanks!

Comment

What's the URL? Does this still appear when you use the original vB style and templates?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The URL to my board is:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/index.php?s=

You won't notice it now because that post is no longer the most recent one. The forum this occurred in was the one titled "RedsZone Pictures". It appears on all styles/templates including the vB 3.0 default ones. Thanks.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        What's the URL? Does this still appear when you use the original vB style and templates?

Comment

Strange. What setting do you have for 'Show Default Post Icon' in vBulletin Options? If it's not '0' try changing it to this.

Also check the iconid setrting for this thread. To do this, run this query:

SELECT * FROM `thread` WHERE postid=xxx'

...with 'xxx' being the threadid of that thread. Then check to see if that iconid exists in the icon table.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

The "show default post icon" is set to set, but in the thread I was talking about, it is set to 1. I'm assuming I need to set all threads whose iconid is not equal to 0 accordingly. What's the query to do that? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Do you have an icon in the icon table with iconid set to '1'?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Do you have an icon in the icon table with iconid set to '1'?
                Yes - that's that's the UBB icon that was loading that I mentioned above. In the icon table, I have listings for 1-14...

Comment

Is there any reason you can't edit icon #1 to point to a valid icon image?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Is there any reason you can't edit icon #1 to point to a valid icon image?
                    Steve,

Yes, I could do that, but as I said above, I've never used the post icons and didn't really intend to start.

Comment

In that case I believe this query will remove all thread icons. However please make sure you make a good backup of your database first.

UPDATE thread SET iconid='0';

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

In that case I believe this query will remove all thread icons. However please make sure you make a good backup of your database first.

UPDATE thread SET iconid='0';
                        Steve,

I'm assuming that this query will make it so that I can NEVER use post icons? I know I said I'll probably never use them, but I'd at least like to leave the possibility open instead of effectively disabling them forever. Rather, I'd prefer to just remove all references to those 14 UBB post icons I mentioned above - the only threads I've seen that use them appear to be posts carried over from the UBB board. If it's not possible to get rid of them, then it's not a big deal - those posts are rarely replied to anyway. Please let me know and thanks again for your help.

Comment

No, that query should only remove the post icons of existing threads.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No, that query should only remove the post icons of existing threads.
                            Thanks for all your help, it looks like it worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                            X