subscriptions and groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still not sure I understand.

If you grant access outside of the subscription system (whether via promotions, usergroups, or access masks) then that access will need to be manually revoked when the subscription expires. From what I can tell in my testing, any changes made outside of the subscription system are independant of the subscription system.

Comment

can i recalculate post counts for a single user?

just for one instead of all at once

Comment

You need to query the database to get the number of posts, then manually edit the user's post count in their profile. Run this query to get the number of posts:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS posts
        FROM post AS post
        INNER JOIN thread AS thread USING (threadid)
        LEFT JOIN deletionlog AS deletionlog_t ON (deletionlog_t.primaryid = thread.threadid AND deletionlog_t.type = 'thread')
        LEFT JOIN deletionlog AS deletionlog_p ON (deletionlog_p.primaryid = post.postid AND deletionlog_p.type = 'post')
        WHERE post.userid = X
        AND deletionlog_t.primaryid IS NULL
        AND deletionlog_p.primaryid IS NULL

Where X is the userid of the user. If you use table prefixes then add the prefix to the green words. If you have forums in which you don't count posts then add the additional red code to the query:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS posts
        FROM post AS post
        INNER JOIN thread AS thread USING (threadid)
        LEFT JOIN deletionlog AS deletionlog_t ON (deletionlog_t.primaryid = thread.threadid AND deletionlog_t.type = 'thread')
        LEFT JOIN deletionlog AS deletionlog_p ON (deletionlog_p.primaryid = post.postid AND deletionlog_p.type = 'post')
        WHERE post.userid = X
        AND thread.forumid NOT IN (X,Y,Z)
        AND deletionlog_t.primaryid IS NULL
        AND deletionlog_p.primaryid IS NULL

Where X,Y,Z is a comma separated list of forumids you want to exclude.

You can run this query in your:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query

Make sure your userid is entered into your includes/config.php file so you have permission to run queries:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
        // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
        // See the above entries for more information on the format.
        // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
        // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
        $canrunqueries = '';

Comment

Ok, I am reaching the bottom of the possibilities with subscriptions at their current state and before I will start messing with code and conditionals (hense giving up official support) I would like to make a few suggestions and ask if there is a chance of them being implemented anytime soon - if yes what would be realistic date for that to happen:

1) ability to "graduate" (increase access priviledges) paid subscribed users whithin the same subscription based on lenght of subscription (if possible combined - user has paid for 3 month, then subscription did not pay for x month then subscribed again and vbulletin remembers total lenght of subscription),

1-a) paid groups promotions based on subscription date. (with adjustable hibernation period for expired subscriptions - for forgrtfull subscribers)
          1-b) paid groups promotions within the same subscribtion

(current system of the group promotion is a bit limited since user can rake a bunch of posts before buying the subscription and this will render "group jump" for paid subscription groups based on the number of posts useless...) hence below:

selectable groups on initial registration - perhaps registered and paid registered or separate post count for paid and public groups.

With the current system I can not see a way to do what I need:

Last clarification - if subscribed user gets promoted "group jump" he will not be reverted to the regular group (your answer above) but will he still be getting emails to update subscription? and if yes and he does renew will he be "reverted" back to initial subscription group? and if yes will it cause a conflict(infinite loop) since he will already have #of post counts that granted him "group jump" on the first place?

or will the paid subscription simply run on the background until user quits paying/renewing (if this one is yes I might still have a chance to parially do what i need and wait intil/if my suggestions will get implemented)?
          Last edited by ilia; Wed 9th Jun '04, 12:19am.

Comment

Originally posted by ilia
            Last clarification - if subscribed user gets promoted "group jump" he will not be reverted to the regular group (your answer above) but will he still be getting emails to update subscription? and if yes and he does renew will he be "reverted" back to initial subscription group? and if yes will it cause a conflict(infinite loop) since he will already have #of post counts that granted him "group jump" on the first place?
            I just tested this.

Yes, there is an infinite loop that happens when both the subscription and promotion change the primary group. But after the subscription is repurchased and the user's group changed back, it is again updated by the promotion when the scheduled task for the promotion runs again.

You can use secondary groups to resolve this conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
              I just tested this.

Yes, there is an infinite loop that happens when both the subscription and promotion change the primary group. But after the subscription is repurchased and the user's group changed back, it is again updated by the promotion when the scheduled task for the promotion runs again.

You can use secondary groups to resolve this conflict.
              I forgot about the fact that promotion tasks run on intervals.. Does that mean that that loop will NOT cause software error? I would like to use primary groups unless there is another way of forcing group title to change and not to be user changeble.

Comment

I forgot about the fact that promotion tasks run on intervals.. Does that mean that that loop will NOT cause software error?
                It won't generate an error. But there will be a short period when the user's primary group will be wrong, the period of time between when the user repurchases the subscription and the promotion task runs.

I would like to use primary groups unless there is another way of forcing group title to change and not to be user changeble.
                I don't know of another way.

Comment

It won't generate an error. But there will be a short period when the user's primary group will be wrong, the period of time between when the user repurchases the subscription and the promotion task runs.
                  i can live with that.

any idea about suggestions question?

Comment

That sounds like a good suggestion. You should post it in the vBulletin 3 Suggestions and Feedback forum.

Comment

ufff, this gives me a grief,

but I think I am about to make it do what i need:

what if

1. set registered users group to not have secondary usergroups
                      2. subscription changes primary usergroup to "School Group"
                      3. Group Promotion adds secondary usergroup/s with extra access to second level private forums and advanced level.

then if subscription expires user gets reverted back to "registered users group" and secondary usergroup permissions (if granted while subscribed) will have no effect.

will that work? or this way (secondary usergroup promotion method) will work even without "no groups" for registered users setting, since there will be no change in paid subscribed usergroup?

Comment

Yes, that should work the first way you described it. That sounds like a good method.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X