Can't View PMs Or Posts, But Can Create Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't View PMs Or Posts, But Can Create Them

All of the sudden tonigt, not that long ago actually.. Our site started spititng out 500 errors when a member either tries to view a PM or post, but can view announcements. Also, PMs and posts can be created as well.. Just can't be viewed after they're made.

I looked in the database and it apperas to be inserting the data for the posts/etc. correctly, but you get an error when trying to view posts and PMs. Also, after noticing this, I logged into the AdminCP and certain pages will load okay, while others just produce a blank white page.

I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is all of the sudden though as we haven't made any canges for awhile now and it was working fine, just all of the sudden started giving errors when viewing posts and PMs.

I'm the only one with access to the files, templates, options, etc. so I know nothing's been change din any of that.

Hmm.. Apparetnyl it give an error when clickng on Edit Options and Edit Signature in the UserCP as well, but everything else in the UserCP appears to still be working.
    Last edited by Majik™; Mon 24th May '04, 9:05pm.

500 errors are genrally server related. Is your server running PHP as CGI? Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I know that the 500 error is generally a server problem, but I just can't figure out why only certain pages are all of the sudden being affected. A for hacks, sur we have some.. But, no new ones have been installed for some time now and no files, templates, options have changed as I'm the only one who has access to them. Oh, and yes.. PHP is Linux; PHP v4.3.6; cgi

I just tried going to our test site which is just the bare bones and got this error:
      Code:
      Warning: file_get_contents(/proc/loadavg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /path/to/forum/global.php on line 107

Unable to add cookies, header already sent. File: /path/to/forum/global.php Line: 107
      Last edited by Majik™; Mon 24th May '04, 9:26pm.

Comment

Sorry but we can't really support hacked forums here. If you are not willing to reupload the original vB files, then perhaps you can setup a test forum and see if you have the same problem with the default files and templates. If not, then you'll know that one or more of your modifications is the proboem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I just mentioned in my last post that I'm getting an ereor with our test forum.. We do have a test forum setup with nothing (bare bones). It never produced any errors up until just now either. It was installed when our live board was and hasn't been touched since.

The test forum isn't giving 500 errors, but is giving that error.
          Last edited by Majik™; Mon 24th May '04, 9:35pm.

Comment

If it never produced any errors till now, then it's almost certainly a change in the server that's causing this. Have you contacted your host?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes, I'd sent an e-mail tonight.. I was just wondering though if anyone here had had similar problems or might have any insight as to what the problem might be. I'm completely stumped as to why it's only affecting certain pages on the site and not others or why. I've had to close our site until we can figure out what's going on. I had to make those changes directly in the database those becasue I just get a white page when trying to view the vB Options page in the AdminCP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X