Database does not exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database does not exist

Has anyone had their DB just go away? I doubt VB could do this but thought I should check to see if this has happened to anyone else.

It was working fine sat morning and then the errors started coming in. I backed up logs to see if there was anything there but couldn't find any clues.

Are there any kind of log files that might track people using my cpanel?

Thanks for any ideas on this.

Whats the error message you are receving?

Comment

Here is the message below. This is the first of around 600 error emails. I had to password protect the site for now to stop the errors and redirect everyone to a temp forum.

Database error in vBulletin :

cannot use database talkair_vb26backup
      mysql error: Unknown database 'talkair_vb26backup'

mysql error number: 1049

Date: Saturday 22nd of May 2004 01:14:33 PM
      Script: http://talk-air.com/vb3-1/index.php?
      Referer:
      IP Address: ****** removed unless needed

Comment

Looks like the server you might have been on dissapeard somehow, you might want to contact your host.

Comment

Well they just restored the data, I have been trying to get them to do this since sat. It looks like their backup is a month old and is for another version of VB. Now I am not sure how to go about getting my current version of vb which is vb3.1 to work with that database. I bet i will need to use files from that version then do an upgrade ... oh boy what fun.

Comment

What version is it? you just check in ther settings table, look for the version.

Comment

They restored 3.0 rel cand 3 but I was able to do upgrade to current and its working ok now. Also moved to better server, I hope. Now if I can just figure out how to setup a cron job to do rolling backup. I have read about this on here in various places but yet to figure out what really works.

Comment

Originally posted by hvac tech
                They restored 3.0 rel cand 3 but I was able to do upgrade to current and its working ok now. Also moved to better server, I hope. Now if I can just figure out how to setup a cron job to do rolling backup. I have read about this on here in various places but yet to figure out what really works.
                there is a script written by brad.loo for this at vb.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X