help with merging databases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with merging databases

Ok I started a new forum back in january...when vb3 gold came out i thought i'd get a fresh start so i dumped that database (still have a backup) and started fresh. Well once again I've ran into issues that are beyond my scope of fixing and I would love to just do a fresh install and 3 times is a charm right.

Now comes my problem... I would love to merge that old database with my existing one... but only to the point of keeping the forums / posts / users and not all the templates etc. I thought about cataconcting (or however thats spelled) the files but im almost sure that'd lead to database corruption.

Does anyone know the best way to do this or if it's even realistically possible. It would be great to get back all the old posts and have the new ones since the reset. I am running on linux fyi so if there is a mysql command in the terminal to do this... that would be great

Any help is much appreciated

There is a vb3 > vb3 import script in the making, so when it is out and you still want to merge, you can upgrade both databases to the latest version 3.0.1 and import one into the other.

Comment

cool..... when do you think that will be ready? And would this be the 'only' method?

thanks

Comment

The ImpEx system is already available for download. It has import scripts like phpBB and IPB, etc. The one for vbulletin will be added soon. It will most likely only import from 3.0.1 to 3.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
          The ImpEx system is already available for download. It has import scripts like phpBB and IPB, etc. The one for vbulletin will be added soon. It will most likely only import from 3.0.1 to 3.0.1
          Any documentation on this one?

Comment

The vB3 -> vB3 importer is done.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102412

Comment

So this can effectively MERGE 2 different forum databases?

Comment

Yes.

See this post for specifics on what it imports.

Comment

Hi Jake...

Is there anyway to import threads or posts to vb 2.3.4?

I want to merge deleted posts/threads from an older backup to my current database.

Do you know if there was ever an importer made for 2.3.x?

Thanks,

Khashyar
                  www.DalaiLamaFilm.com/community
                  www.russianmeetingplace.com/forums/
                  www.russianmeetingplace.com/russianforum/
                  www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

There is no vB2 importer. When going from vB to vB, there is only the vB3 -> vB3 importer.

Comment

Working...
                    X