Editing/Deletion of threads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing/Deletion of threads...

How do I make it so that moderators of boards can have the option to "hard" delete threads when they go to either edit a 1-post thread or they go to Thread Tools --> Delete Thread? Right now, they can't do anything but "soft" delete it.

That's one of the new, defaulted things I don't like about VB3. It used to be that when they deleted a thread/post, it was gone, and the admins didn't have to come around and "manage" it. I tried looking for it, and I tried several ways to edit the template, but either I did the wrong thing, or I looked in the wrong place.

What's the point of having moderators when they can't hard delete posts? Any help would be appreciated.

This is a moderator permission which you can set.

Goto the Admin Control Panel > Forums & Moderators > Show All Moderators > and from the group "Post / Thread Permissions" you can turn the option "Can Physically Delete Posts" to Yes

Comment

I eventually found it after 10 minutes of looking and with your directions. But I had to switch each moderator and each board individually, which took a long time. Is there a faster way to do it?

And also, is there a way to set it to default so that every moderator can physically delete a post when they're first made moderator? The option is given whenever you create a moderator, but I haven't been able to figure out how to make the "Can Physically Delete Posts - Yes" option default. I looked in /admincp/moderator.php, but I got lost.
      Last edited by John Maguire; Mon 24 May '04, 7:13pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X