new post mess up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new post mess up

i dont know what happened with my forum.
    i just found out. that new post are located not at the end of a thread posts.

but it appear in the middle of a thread.
    what should i do ?

Check the time on the server, maybe there was a kernel update, server reboot or the system root user has changed the time. (server move?)

Do this in a shell or contact the hosting provider.
    Also check in the Admin control panel > vbulletin options if the timezone settings have changed or something like that.

Comment

so what should I do ? fix the time ?

Comment

If the time on the server is not what it is supposed to be, then the person with the rights to change the system time should correct this.

Comment

this is a dedicated box, and seems like the time in the server is right.

after i fixed the time, do i need to update counter or something ?
          because roughly 300 posts have been made before i found out this

Comment

I am afraid the time for those posts are stored with the server timestamp, so they will be misplaced.

Comment

i still had a question here.
              i already fix the time in the server (pacific US time)
              but mostly my users are in singapore time.
              so what's the best scenario for this ?
              should i setup my server time to singapore time / us pacific time ?
              and what about the setting in vbulletin time & settings ? should i set to singapore time / us pacific time ?

Comment

If they are within +12 or -12 hours time difference, they can goto the user control panel and select the timezone there that matches their time.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                  If they are within +12 or -12 hours time difference, they can goto the user control panel and select the timezone there that matches their time.
                  thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X