'Remember Me' option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Remember Me' option

I have got some users who are *very* critical of the default cookie setting for V3. On V2 they always had cookies disabled, which meant that the computer did not automatically log them back on if the closed the browser without logging off.

Anyone got any suggestions how I can implement a user-selectable 'Do Not Remember Me' option? These users will be happy to accept that they will get logged off after 15 minutes of inactivity - they just want the security of never being automatically logged on.

I have looked at adding an option into profiles which would set the 'Remember Me' option on the login screen - but of course this is too late as I can't check the option until after they are logged in.

Ho hum.

There is a Remember Me checkbox next to every login form. Those users can just uncheck that box when they login.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      There is a Remember Me checkbox next to every login form. Those users can just uncheck that box when they login.
      That's what I told them, and to remember to log off before they left. The reply was "something else new I have to remember to do every time". Apparently although they are over 18 they aren't capable of clicking the buttons themselves

Comment

Maybe they would prefer the box is unchecked by default?

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates » -> navbar

Remove the red code:

Code:
        <label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar"><input type="checkbox" name="cookieuser" value="1" tabindex="3" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" accesskey="c" [color=red]checked="checked"[/color] />$vbphrase[remember_me]</label>
        Make this same change to the STANDARD_ERROR, STANDARD_ERROR_LITE, and username_loggedout templates.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I modded the system to implement a 'Remember Me Override' for people who specifically wanted it. Hack to login.php at the point it decides whether to write a cookie or not. That's quietened them down a bit.

Couldn't just make the default 'don't remember me' because too many people would run into problems if the cookies weren't set

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X