Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to approve Users Waiting Email Authorization ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to approve Users Waiting Email Authorization ?

Please help
    I have atleast 3 users waiting there everyday...

How do i approve them. ?
    I want to enable this automatically and also please tell me how to send email authorization codes every 2 hours to those users.

Thnx.
    Sandy...
    TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Originally posted by SaN-DeeP
    Please help
    I have atleast 3 users waiting there everyday...

How do i approve them. ?
    I want to enable this automatically and also please tell me how to send email authorization codes every 2 hours to those users.

Thnx.
    Sandy...

If you want to "approve" them without actually getting confirmation of their email addresses (not recommended), you can simply go to the AdminCP/User Manager - and change their Primary UserGroup to "Registered Users" or whatever group you want.

However, if you want them to actually confirm their email addresses, than from the User Manager, in the AdminCP - you can email those users. Although there are variables you can use to include the authorization codes, another way you can do it is to tell them to log in, and then visit http://www.yourdomain.com/yourforumd...o=requestemail .

From that link, they can re-request the Authorization email be sent to them.

However, the method I prefer, is to make it so that for users who are still awaiting email confirmation, they see that fact right on the main page - and there is a link from there that allows them to re-request the Authorization email (the link I gave you above).

If you would like to go that route, here's how you do it:

1. Open the "header" template in your AdminCP/Style Manager

2. Find "$_phpinclude_output"

3. Above, add:

Code:

<br /> 

<if condition="$bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] == 3">
    <div align="center" style="color: red; background-color: white; border: 1px solid black; padding:2px">Your account is awaiting email confirmation. Please click the activation link in the email you were sent, or visit <a href="register.php?do=requestemail">this page</a> to resend the activation email.</div>
    </if>

Give that a try, and then log in as a test user who is part of the "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" group and see how it looks.
    echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment

i have this thing added there

Code:
        <br />

<if condition="$bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] == 3">

<div align="left" style="color: red; background-color: white; border: 1px solid black; padding:2px">Your account is awaiting email confirmation. Please click the activation link in the email you were sent, if you are using yahoo or hotmail email accounts, please also check your junk mails folder as it is a problem with yahoo and hotmail domains, or visit <a href="register.php?$session[sessionurl]do=requestemail">this page</a> to resend the activation email. If you did not receive the email then it's possible it was blocked by your email client. In this case you can either disable your blocker software or enter a new email address in <a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editpassword">your profile</a>.</div>

</if>
      but still users fail to read it ??
      or is there a way to automate the process of sending the email again ?? so it dunt goto there junk folder
      TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Originally posted by SaN-DeeP

but still users fail to read it ??
        or is there a way to automate the process of sending the email again ?? so it dunt goto there junk folder
        Well, anyone who is double-checking to see if they have access yet on your board will see the Warning Message. If they choose not to bother, I don't know if sending them additional emails will honestly accomplish that much.

As to going into their Junk folder - that's a matter of filtering. Sending them repeated emails will not counter that. If their filters put the activation email in the Junk Folder - they will continue to do so, even if you resend it 100 times.

To some degree, the users have to take some responsibility for seeing the process through.

Although I will agree that it would be nice if there was a single-click feature that allowed Admins to resend the Activation email to everyone in the Awaiting Email Confirmation Usergroup. Perhaps you should post it in the Suggestions Forum.
        echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment