Re: Modification of Welcome Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Modification of Welcome Message

I realize you can't insert php into the phrase, but I was wondering if I could insert a link into the phrase which would reference a webpage that contains an html formatted letter which I want shown inline when the user receives the email. Another though would be to buypass the welcomeemail altogether and understand how I could send a php encoded page as the email, rather then the default one which is supplied content by the welcomeemail phrase.

thank you

Originally posted by baseball
    I realize you can't insert php into the phrase, but I was wondering if I could insert a link into the phrase which would reference a webpage that contains an html formatted letter which I want shown inline when the user receives the email.
    You can use HTML links in phrases. For example:

Code:
    <a href="URL">LINKED TEXT</a>
    Originally posted by baseball
    Another though would be to buypass the welcomeemail altogether and understand how I could send a php encoded page as the email, rather then the default one which is supplied content by the welcomeemail phrase.
    That would require modifying the files. If you want to go this route then you should post on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site.

Comment

Yes, but

the user will get an email with a link, when what i want is for the link to explode and show inline the contents of the page.

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      You can use HTML links in phrases. For example:

Code:
      <a href="URL">LINKED TEXT</a>

That would require modifying the files. If you want to go this route then you should post on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site.

Comment

Oh I see.

You can display inline pages using an iframe tag, but I can't seem to make the HTML code parse in emails. If it is possible to get this working I don't know how.

If no one else here knows how then you might try www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Hi

That's what I did, It probably requires modifiying a function. I have access to a programmer who can do it for me, just need to know where to look

Comment

Maybe the vbmail() function in the includes/functions.php file.

Comment