Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between "usergroupid" and "displaygroupid"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between "usergroupid" and "displaygroupid"?

In the User Table, I noticed that there is a "usergroupid" field as well as a "displaygroupid" field.

When I Mass Move users from one Usergroup to another, their "usergroupid" field changes, but the "displaygroup" field still shows the old group ID.

What is the difference between those two fields? And is it normal for the "displaygroupid" field to not be updated when users are Mass-Moved from one group to another?

Thanks!
    echo $ocean_signature;

;)

The displaygroupid is the usergroupid of the group with which users choose to identify in their:

User CP -> Group Memberships

This only applies if you have public joinable groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      The displaygroupid is the usergroupid of the group with which users choose to identify in their:

User CP -> Group Memberships

This only applies if you have public joinable groups.

At the moment, I do not have any public joinable groups - but the displaygroupid field is still populated either with users' current groups, or with their old groups (if they have been moved).

Is that behavior normal? I would think that if it only applies to public groups, that field should be empty for all users...
      echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ocean
        Is that behavior normal?
        I don't know.

I can tell you that my vB3 forums (upgraded from vB2) have all zeros in that field. I don't have any public joinable groups.

It's probably nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce

It's probably nothing to worry about.

Okay. I'll take your word for it.
          echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X