Major Problem with Viewing Forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Problem with Viewing Forum...

I got the Radio skin from Christian at VBdesign.de, but it's not viewing proper and even Christian himself could not help me, so he told me to come here where all the genius' are.

Check it out: http://www.imagesandwords.info/forums/

I can't open any of the forums, and when I do it shows nothing!

Christian told me to try going to the Forum Manager and changing the Posting Options section where it says "Act as Forum (will act as a category if no), so it was originally on Yes, but everything was unaligned, he told me to change it to No, which I did and that aligned everything properly but I was unable to access the forums and when I could get in no threads are visible.

Please help... someone!!

Uhmm is this in the right forum?
    If not please feel free to move it to where someone can help.

Comment

Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts.

In all honesty the author of the skin should be the one troubleshooting problems with it.

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem? If not, then go back to the author of this skin and ask him to fix it.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts.

In all honesty the author of the skin should be the one troubleshooting problems with it.

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem? If not, then go back to the author of this skin and ask him to fix it.
        I've been assured there are NO bugs with this skin, it works on all boards. So, the issue is with my board itself! Who on the VB team can I send my admin and password too? I'm willing to do anything to get my vb running properly again.

I imported my old database used on another server to the new server, could a weird database be messing things up with vb?
        Last edited by Throwing Shapes; Thu 20 May '04, 11:41am.

Comment

Did you try my suggestion and see if you have a problem with the default style?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Update: There were some problems with the default style. When I tried to use it and set forums to No in the "Act as Forum (Will act as category if no)" *In Forum Manager*, it will not allow me to view any threads inside the category which in this case is "General Daily Discussion" even though there are tons of threads inside that forum.

http://www.imagesandwords.info/forum...splay.php?f=10 (nothing there! it only shows when I have "Act as Forum" set to Yes, but for this style it needs to be "No") There should be tons of threads in this forum.

So, I guess my VB is messed up...
            Last edited by Throwing Shapes; Thu 20 May '04, 2:19pm.

Comment

Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No hacks, I did have some hacks back when I used vb2, since version 3 I haven't bothered with a single hack! I have deleted all previous styles.

I will fill out the support ticket now.

Comment

Working...
                X