Permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions

Following the advice of many in here I want to change my site so anyone can view the threads..I have tried everything and it still doesn't workk.. Is there a querrie I have to run??

Thanks

All you have to do is set the appropriate usergroup permissions and make sure you don't have forum permissions that override these.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I did that Steve but it still doesn't work...

Comment

I don't see how that it possible, frankly. People can view threads that you have given them permission to view. There has to be a setting you've missed. Petrhaps you can explain in more detail what you've done.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Honestly Steve... I have tried everything...usergroups/permissions and I've gone into the forum permissions also..It looks like everything is set so unreged users can see threads but when I try it I cannot view them.....

Comment

If you have set the permissions correctly, then the only other cause of this is a change you've made to the code. Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I've got too many hacks installed...Must be one of them messing this up..... oh well..Thanks anyways Steve...

Comment

FWIW I have seen some permissions problems directly related to the Arcade hack. I don't know if that's one you are running or not.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment