• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover
    replied
    Originally posted by Emil
    Thank you very much, it's working good!
    Glad it worked out for you. I was just thinking of posting my solution when I read your first posting, but I guess it's not needed anymore. (yeah... very helpfull reply this is isn't it? ). There are indeed a lot of possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• Emil
    replied
    Thank you very much, it's working good!

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Go to your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> STANDARD_ERROR

Find this code and add the red code:

Code:
    			<input type="hidden" name="vb_login_md5password" />
    			$postvars

<input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />

<!-- permission error message - user not logged in -->

[color=red]<div style="color: #C60000; font: 20px; font-weight: bold">You must register to use this forum.  If you are not registered you need to register <span style="text-decoration: underline"><a href="register.php?$session[sessionurl]">HERE</a></span></div><br />[/color]

<div class="smallfont">$vbphrase[not_logged_no_permission]</div>

<ol>
    				<li class="smallfont">$vbphrase[not_logged_in_fill_in_form]</li>
    				<li class="smallfont">$vbphrase[may_not_have_sufficient_privileges]</li>
    				<li class="smallfont">$vbphrase[administrator_may_disabled_account]</li>
    			</ol>
    This will add a big, bold, red message with a link to the registration page. That should be effective.

Leave a comment:

• Emil
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce
    There are several methods that you could use. Did you have something specific in mind that you need help implementing?
    The best solution would probably be to add a text (pretty big font) that says something like "Click here to register". And place that text/link above the two textfields. But I'm not really experienced with editing templates so help with that would be great. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by Emil
    Is there some way I can make it easier for the guests to find the register page?
    There are several methods that you could use. Did you have something specific in mind that you need help implementing?

Leave a comment:

• Emil
    started a topic Easier for guests to register

Easier for guests to register

Helloa,
    I've disabled guests from viewing the forum if they dont register. But when the guests are visiting the forum they are having a bad time to figure out how to register. All they see is:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
    You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

And then below two textfields there's this little text saying:

"The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page."

And some people dont see that and they dont realize that the "register" text in that sentence is the link to the register page. Is there some way I can make it easier for the guests to find the register page? Thanks
    Attached Files
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X