Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I allow members to use their own AVatars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok how would i make it so ppl that i have now (which is about 300 or so) that have over 1500 would be added to the secondary user group, i tested it by having someone post so i thought that would then promote them to the secondary group since they are over 1500 but it didnt work, do i have to manually move anyone that is already over 1500?

Comment

No, they wont be moved untill they visit the site again, as the update script only checks users who have been to the site within the last time the script has been run.

Comment

The promotion isn't immediate. Promotions are handled by a scheduled task that runs every 45 minutes by default. You can manually run the scheduled task in your:

Admin CP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager -> User Promotions

Comment

Thanks Jack and everyone,

Just one more question how do I upload the actual avatars (not the custoimized ones, I mean just regular avatars for the users to select from the regular control panel menu)??

Comment

Those avatars are added in your:

Admin CP -> Avatars -> Avatar Manager

The avatars need to be uploaded via FTP first.

Comment

Thank you,

One more questions:

1) Can I actually use an avatar saved in my computer. that is can members use avatars that are saved in their computer (i.e. it allows them to upload it in vbulletin too).

Comment

Yes. That's what the Can Upload Custom Avatars usergroup permission does.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X