Friendly url

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly url

ok, I feel left out here and seems like vb leaves users who run php as cgi to rot. So what other type of search engine friendly solutions for us who run as cgi? Are we still needed to manually find every bit of url and change as is?

Im somewhat confused...

Are you talking about the archive?

vBulletin 3 it self is Spider friendly without the archive.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, but isn't /showthread.php?t=105110 kind of url that google doesn't like? Or am I not aware of?

Comment

Google has no problems with that url, it wouldnt only have a problem if there was a session hash

Comment

I see, thanks alot zach

Comment

Anyway, is there any way for archive to be able to run in cgi mode? For some reason, Googlebot always seems to just sit on my forum index and does't go into indexing other threads.

And why would we need an archive if the forum's url is already search engine friendly?

EDIT: And its confirmed. Googlebot just left my forum without going through all my threads

I believe I am right that Google don't like url with ? in it.
            Last edited by dolphin; Tue 18 May '04, 9:48am.

Comment

Googlebot only goes deeper if you have a better pagerank...

Comment

Seems like pagerank is pretty hard to optimize than since vbulletin just have 4?

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin
                  Seems like pagerank is pretty hard to optimize than since vbulletin just have 4?
                  Actually Vbulletin has 7 and their forumindex is 4.
                  Google has indexed practically all my forumpages (not the archive) and my forum index is only 3-4...VBulletin forums also well indexed...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X