Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ferrari_vbulletin.session table error not allowing MySQL to start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ferrari_vbulletin.session table error not allowing MySQL to start...

MySQL went down and couldn't be restarted, here is the note from my admin...

mysql would not start due to a curruption in your ferrari_vbulletins database. We attempted a repair of this database and received an error for one table.

ferrari_vbulletin.session

error : The handler for the table doesn't support repair

We could not fully repair your databases, but we were able to get them to function by having the server ignore database corruption on start up.

1) How would this corruption happen? How can I avoid it?

2) How can I repair the session table?

Any insight would be appreciated please.

Thank you,
    rob

the session table can be cleared without problems, the data there is only for the who is currently online part.

DELETE FROM `session`

should do the trick.

Optimize & Repair doesn't work on the session table because it is HEAP and not MyISAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
      the session table can be cleared without problems, the data there is only for the who is currently online part.

DELETE FROM `session`

should do the trick.

Optimize & Repair doesn't work on the session table because it is HEAP and not MyISAM.
      Thank you, that got me up and running perfect. Since I don't use the "Who's online", is there a way I can turn it off so the Session table isn't used at all? I have "Who's online" off, but I guess it still uses the table. Seems like a waste or resources and causes MySQL not to restart if corrupted, unless the Session table is used for other stuff too.,

Thanks,
      rob

Comment

Working...
      X