if i was to..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if i was to..

close my forums to guest can google still spider it?

Nope, spiders are guests too

Comment

Nope. They are unregistered usergroup too. Spider bots do not have their own usergroup.

Comment

confused :/ so if i close forums to guests unless they register can google spider?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

I asked the same thing overhere: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100890

I am still looking for a way to let spiders crawl my site in the situation where guests have NO access. I didn't get an answer on Vb.org, so hopefully someone overhere has this knowledge, if it is at all possible?
            How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

Whats the point of letting spiders spider your site if people cannot see it, you relize that your site would be in a sense cached and people could read whatever the spiders have chached.

Comment

Most of my site is closed to guests... although google is still spidering it. However it only can see what my guests can see. I can see them online doing this and it says they are viewing the "no permission" page.

HOWEVER! I am wondering how they can be trying to view a thread that they shouldn't be able to see at all. It's in my admin section, which is hidden from all except the admin and mods. So how would the google spider even know there was such a thread? I realize they can't view the thread, that's why it says they are seeing the no permisson page. It confuses the HECK out of me!! LOL

Comment

they point would be google spiders to get information for the www now i don't see the point if you don't allow guests to view boards how google can't this would be the main reason for them to register as you would be placed higher in the ranks... its built into ips

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X