problem with DATELINE column in thread table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with DATELINE column in thread table

Ever since we upgraded to vBulletin 3, we have had an odd problem with the dateline column of our thread table. The numbers it contains are all, it seems, invalid. for example, I found that I had nearly 15,000 rows with the SAME dateline in them. I have already had to change the ORDER BY in the archives to show them in the correct order, since dateline was not correct, and today we realized that the external.php program is showing the FIRST records in the db instead of the last ones.

This is a problem only on our BIGGEST forum (we run 5 different forums).

Any idea what caused this? And, better yet, how I can FIX it?!

Was this an import?

I've found that alot of UBB imports from previous moons ago imported an invalid dateline value.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
      Was this an import?

I've found that alot of UBB imports from previous moons ago imported an invalid dateline value.

No, this was not an import. This happened when we upgraded from 2.3.2 to 3.0. Our largest forum, http://forums.devshed.com took forever to convert. Our other 4 forums took a couple hours tops, but DevShed took hours.

In the archives, it does an order by dateline, but all of the threads were in wacky order. I did a query on the first one, to see it's dateline, and then did a select count(*) on dataline for that value and got back nearly 8000 rows. Thats when I started sorting on another key for the archives. Today when I saw the RSS feeds (external.php) were goofed, I now order by lastpost in that regard.

I dont REALLY want to be doing it this way, but Ive gotta keep the store running while I sort this out. Any ideas?

Comment

Can you check and see if the first post in these broken threads has a correct value for its date / time?

If so then its a simple query to fix this.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X