Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When looking at a list of Subs, how can I change "Never" to "No Access"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When looking at a list of Subs, how can I change "Never" to "No Access"?

When you're looking at ForumHome, or any place else that lists Subboards, if a User doesn't have access to certain Subs, the Last Post field shows "Never". But users can't easily tell if those Subs are genuinely empty, or if they simply have no access.

Is there any way for me to have "Never" show up as "No Access" for those users?

Or is there no easy way to do this?

Thanks!
    echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Go to your:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Search for never is the Phrase Variable Name Only. Edit the phrase.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Go to your:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Search for never is the Phrase Variable Name Only. Edit the phrase.

The problem with that, is that is a global change. If I do that, we have a new problem in that if a Sub is genuinely empty, people will simply think that they don't have access.

I'm looking to make that phrase dependant on whether a User has access to see the contents of that Sub or not. If they have access, then it should show as "Never". If they are not allowed to see the contents, however, than it should show as "No Access".

I would think that this is a simple Template change, but if not, it's not a big deal. I just thought it would be a nice way to reduce some confusion for my users.
      echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment

Go to your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level2_post

Find this code and add the red code:

Code:
        	<td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap"><if condition="$forum['lastpostinfo'] == 'Never'">No Access<else />$forum[lastpostinfo]</if></td>
        Make the same change to the forumhome_forumbit_level1_post template.

Comment

Working...
        X