Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unrouteable mail domain

Originally posted by Asendin
    I have spent all week trying to stop this error, on a new server i have moved to, i have searched here first or course,

Its almost always hotmail.com, but cPanel says turning on "Prevent the user 'nobody' from sending out mail to remote addresses (php and cgi scripts generally run as nobody if you are not using phpsuexec and suexec respectively" should resolve the problem, but it doesnt

I didnt think this was an issue in vB3 ,and i have the setting "stop the user nobody from sending out emails from cgi and php scripts" in tweak settings enabled.

But i am still receiving the error, what are the other possible causes for it?

TIA
    =================================

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
    unrouteable mail domain "aol.com"

==================================

[email protected]
    unrouteable mail domain "yahoo.de"

===========================

[email protected]
    unrouteable mail domain "hotmail.com"

=============================

and another over 50 mail hosts.....

Dear vBulletin team,

please STOP to send as to our ISP/Hosting Provider and so on....
    there is no Email Server issue.

Read the Quote above....

I made the same and the " unrouteable mail domain " STILL present.

We cant send our Community News to our users and that is a big problem.
    As we read that with the same Mail Server configuration but other Message Boards, there is no " unrouteable mail domain " issue.

more, is not acceptable that our Mail Server over 60-70 hosts can not route !

Please work on it and give as a patch....

CtSolutions

This is a server configuration problem. Read this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=20
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol

I'm referring about you link, above.

On another cPanel, Build 9.3.0-RELEASE 5, we have NO "tweek settings",options

CtSolutions

Comment

This is not a CPanel setting, it's a setting in Web Host Manager. I run WHM and tested this setting out and confirmed it definitely causes the unrouteable problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Dear Steve,

NO, there is not.

my Hosting Provider wrote me:

Good Afternoon sir, we are really very sorry for the inconvenience
          caused and do apologize for the delay in response too. Please let us
          know if you are still experiencing the "Unroutable Domain" error
          message. As we have ensured that this issue has been fixed.
          Between 'Tweak Settings' option is not on Re-sellers end but on the server's Part and we have checked that the 'Prevent Nobody' is unchekced.
          after this we STILL have 1300 returned mails as unrouteable mail domain

so, please regarded as issue and try to find out whats going on with vBulletin and dont try to simplify this issue with you standard link, above.

We are here so many with unrouteable mail domain problems after we already
          have checked that the 'Prevent Nobody' is unchekced that you can try to search the real bug.

Regards,
          CtSolutions

Comment

Sorry then. The only cause I have ever found for that error is what I posted. Nonetheless this is beyond the capability to resolve from within vB. This requires changes to the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry then. The only cause I have ever found for that error is what I posted. Nonetheless this is beyond the capability to resolve from within vB. This requires changes to the server.
              I have fought this problem for the last six months also, and yes I sent the "Prevent the user 'nobody' from sending out mail to remote addresses (php and cgi scripts generally run as nobody if you are not using phpsuexec and suexec respectively.)"

to my server - which they said they did. And I've read through complex php changes like:

if ($uheaders)
              ********{
              ************$headers .= $uheaders;
              ************unset($uheaders);
              ********}
              ********$headers .= "X-Priority: 3\r\n";
              ********$headers .= "X-Mailer: vBulletin Mail via PHP\r\n";
              ********$headers .= 'Content-Type: text/plain' . iif($encoding, "; charset=\"$encoding\"") . "\r\n";
              ********$headers .= "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\r\n";

This problem is real - for me it started back after a VB 2.8 revision.

After months of correspondence with my server trying to get them to fix it, they say they have done all that has been suggested.

I have read Steve's assertion that is is not a VB problem, but after reading through thread after thread after thread, I'm just not sure he is right. (Sorry Steve)

There needs to be better ways to change these headers or a better description of what causes php mail failures. This is not the basic yahoo.com junk email blocker problem. Its root cause is out there - anyone find it yet?

Comment

I am having same problem and it just started happening. Moved to new server but this problem didn't start right away, about 3 weeks later. Hoping someone has found cure from this.

Comment

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

As a lark see if enabling the "-f" option under Server Settings and Optimizations has any effect.

Comment

If anyone's interested, my site developed this problem spontaneously yesterday, so I asked the hosts to untick "prevent the user 'nobody' from sending out mail to remote addresses" as advised in another thread, and it seems to have fixed it.

I am not sure whether the hosts had altered it in the first place to cause the problem, they didn't say so, and changed it without any problem.
                      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X