Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User cant Received Email

Hello every one

Here i have this problem long time ago but i was think it about the exploit in the Mail Server after upgrade the mail server and i try to register in our site

There is no Email come to me .. all member also ..

there is no problem in the mail server becz i can send msg from outlook use the email of my domain name so this mean there is no problem

so i dont no what happen

vBulletin uses PHP's mail() function to send emails. If your forum is not sending out emails then it is probably because PHP's mail settings are wrong.

Go to your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled

Enable that option and post a link to your forums so we can see your PHP configuration.

Comment

Hello agian . sorry for the late reply. Ok about Our Server b4 we was trying to upgrade the server but there is some problems that our WHM cant Contact to the Cpanel.net and this becz the server need repoot anyway after we repoot the server ..we upgrade our WHM So know i think u was asking me about u need to test other script if we can send email or no i have other Script For the Download System poeple Can Reigister .. and i make a test to regisiter and i Received The Email to Active My Account so know i think this is not the problem withthe server and not with any other Script or anyother think this problem is from the vb there is somethign need to be done so it work i hope we finger out becz know i have alots of member sending us email asking what is going on etc.. and me i just active their account i dont no it is fake or real i dont no anyway thankyou for your support and hope to finger out what wrong with this ..

Comment

First try this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Enable "-f" Parameter -> Yes

Then try the vB email functions. If it still doesn't work, then try the email diagnostics in the Admin CP and report back the results:

Admin CP -> Imports & Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Email

If after all this you still don't get the email then this is a server and/or mailbox issue. You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Here what i got

Thankyou

The First Methed u tell me it's already "yes"

The Sec Wheni try to send this is what i get

Code:

Help Pertinent PHP Settings  
          SMTP: localhost 
          sendmail_from: None 
          sendmail_path: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i 

Help Results  
          The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail. 
          The following errors were outputted by PHP when attempting to send mail:

Warning: mail(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The fifth parameter is disabled in SAFE MODE. in /home/juokis/public_html/forums/CpAdmin/diagnostic.php on line 279

Check your mail server to ensure it is configured correctly to allow PHP to send mail from it. You should also check your mail server's error log for more diagnostic information.

this is the msg when i try to make the sec methed u tell me so i really dont no what happen becz i already have other script and it's send me Email and everythign is work just with the vb .

about Th eServer yes it's our server but it's not me who mang the server
          so i will try to contact the my Friend to see what happen also if u can tell me anything to chick in the server

thankyou

Comment

In the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hello.

I Have already Trun The phpInfo on and i Send the Url to "Jake Bunce" And he chick it to me And Here is The Reply

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
              Your PHP settings look good.
              Thanks to Him He chick It to me And he Was Asking About to test other script sending mail . and see what is the problems and me also i say in one of my post i have other Script For The Download System and i make test to Regisiter and it working with other Script so know i think this problem is with the vb I really Dont no What is The Problems I also contact The Server Company till know they do not reply to me so i waiting and also if any one have any idea let me know

thankyou

Comment

I can still try running that test script and poking around in your Admin CP, but I need FTP access to your server. Were you able to get the FTP login yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
                  I can still try running that test script and poking around in your Admin CP, but I need FTP access to your server. Were you able to get the FTP login yet?
                  hey Thankyou bro ..............

After Takeing long time we upgrade our Server The WHM/CPanel we just know done The upgrade .. then i go test and still The Same

So then i was Crazy What The Hell is this .. and i was Sure there is no problem in The Mailserver or anything becz like what i said the other Script For The Download and also we have other website in the same server and everything is working anyway then i go check vBulletin Options and i try t o play there and chick and test to send and finaly it send the msg so know it's work the problem was in this Options

Enable "-f" Parameter
                  Some email servers require the "-f" parameter to be sent with email calls from PHP. If you are having problems with users not receiving email, try enabling this option. In all likelihood, your problem will not be caused by this setting.
                  it Was "yes" so i make it "No" and that is al

Thankyou very mach to every One Here Who Try tO Help me

Grtz

Comment

Working...
                  X