change user settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change user settings

Here's my situation, the upgrade from a phpBB2 installation left everyone with avatars, images, PM's, etc., all disabled by means of options. Now, of course, the solution is for them to manually change them, but thousands of users can't be expected to do this by themselves, so I need to change it for them, at least to a set of standards (avatars, signatures, PM's and embedded images on) ... I need to run a query on the user preference field in the users table.

I looked at a couple of them, and I see things like:

How do I decipher this, and what's the number than I'm looking for to run a SET query on everyone's preference fields?

AdminCP > Import / Maitence > Execute SQL Query > You can eable each of these options by using the predefied querys in the drop down menu

Comment

"You are not authorized to execute SQL queries"

This is with the account I made the forum installation with, so he should be able to do this. Is this a vB problem or a host problem?

Comment

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
        // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
        // See the above entries for more information on the format.
        // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
        // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
        $canrunqueries = 'x';

...with x being your userid number.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X