Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

500 Mb RAM is not enough to run vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 Mb RAM is not enough to run vBulletin?

Hi,
    I am using my desktop as a virtual server (local host).
    This desktop has 500 Mb RAM.
    When I am trying to open
    AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Add New forum
    I am getting warning message that "It is not enough memory".

500 Mb RAM is not enough to run vBulletin Forum?

How I can solve this problem?
    What is a minimum requirements and recommended memory to run vBulletin Forum?

Thank you.

I ran a local installation just fine on my Windows XP machine when it had 512 MB (since upgraded to 1 GB). vBulletin is extremely unlikely to be the problem, make sure you have installed PHP and MySQL correctly.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
      I ran a local installation just fine on my Windows XP machine when it had 512 MB (since upgraded to 1 GB). vBulletin is extremely unlikely to be the problem, make sure you have installed PHP and MySQL correctly.
      filburt1,
      Could you possibly guide me through correct installation of PHP and MySQL.
      I will be so grateful for any idea or Web link of “correct” installation.

Actually. How many categories and forums (sub-forums) do you have?

Thank you.

Comment

You did not mention which platform you are on, but I tested a Beta version on a 266 with 224 megs of ram on win 2000 and it ran fine. I used these instructions http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69072

Comment

post info asked at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70117 along with what your php.ini file's memory_limit is set at

how large is your forums and how many forums you have ?
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Hi,
            As soon as I am in AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > …
            I can not minimize browser window or to go to another software’s windows (maximize or restore them). If this is not a RAM memory, maybe I need more Video memory. Currently I have 8 MB Video Card.

What is your recommendation for Video memory to run vBulletin without problems?

Thank you.

Comment

Video memory will make no difference, all your video card does is display things and 3d effects on your screen.

Are you running your board off your home computer? or is this just a test board?

I was running vBulletin on windows 2003 server that had a 600mhz processor and 192mb of ram, and it ran fine.

Comment

Hi,
                Yes, I am using my desktop as a virtual server (local host) to create and to test forum. This forum is not posting on line and users had no access to this forum. And actually forum is working well under Internet Explorer browser.

I have a problem as soon as I am in AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > …
                My forum has around 220 sub-forums. That was not a problem with up to 150 sub-forums.
                But, now ….

Does somebody running board with more then 200 sub-forums?

Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X