Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing from .htm to .php

Hi folks,

When I downloaded the installation package I downloaded the .htm zip instead of the .php because I felt like being different and it would be a bit more secure against the cracker who doesn't know what language vBulletin is written in.

Thanks to this I ran into trouble when I installed my first hack from vbulletin.org (the v3 Arcade) which pretty much requires your board to use the extension .php on the main arcade file or the games won't submit your score to the database.

Now I'm considering changing over to .php just to save myself a lot of work involving hacks in the future. Would I just need to replace the .htm files with the .php or is there a variable held in my database which the files pick up so they know how to reference the links?

Before anyone says it, I know the staff won't support hacked boards but in this case it's just a question as to how the board knows to look for whichever file extension is used by your files and how I would go about changing my board over to using the .php extension.

I'll put the arcade back in when I'm done.

Cheers,
    Robert
    Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

Please see the responses in this thread. Especially, this post.
    Harold Kost

Comment

That's great thanks

One other small thing regarding this issue, I'm going to put 2 file in my forums directory to redirect any broken links to the right files, they'll be showthread.htm and forumdisplay.htm.

Can somebody tell me all the variables which can be passed to showthread.php and forumdisplay.php so I can create working redirects?

Cheers,
      Robert
      Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X