adding a vb drop down menu in showthread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding a vb drop down menu in showthread

Ok, everyone knows the bar at the top in showthread that has the drop down menus like "thread tools" and "search"

I want to create my own in there.

What I REALLY want to do is actually remove the "admin" options from the thread tools and make the admin options have their own drop down menu.

I tried editing showthread and adding a new javascript thing but it didnt work.

What is the process of adding a new vb drop down menu.

have you tried vbtemplates.com

They may be able to help you on that.. I tested it out on how I thought it is done, only to get an error.

Comment

no help from them. Anyone here have any ideas?

Comment

This is BULL.

Not one single person on either here, vbulletintemplates.com, OR vbulletin.org has offered anything that is helpfull.

Devs.. I know you know how to do this, why not share?

Comment

Sorry must have missed this one >.>''

Its not that its hard, its just not simple

This will add a new Drop down Menu to your forum wherever you like. The Drop down menus are usualy used in the postbit, showthread, forumdisplay, and navbar templates.

This refrence is to the navbar template, but it basicly works the same everywhere else
          In your navbar template find
          HTML Code:
          		<!--<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="index.php?">Home</a></td>-->
          Add this snipet of code after
          Code:
          <td id="newmenu" class="vbmenu_control"><a href="#newmenu">New Menu</a> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("newmenu"); </script></td>
          Your going to want to change each occurence of newmenu to a somthing else. make sure they are all the same only the color in red, the bit of code in blue Is the name of the link

Now find

HTML Code:
          <if condition="$show['popups']">
          <!-- NAVBAR POPUP MENUS -->
          Ad add under
          Code:
          <div class="vbmenu_popup" id="newmenu_menu" style="display:none">
          		<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">
          		<tr><td class="thead">New Menu</td></tr>		
          		<tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Link</td></tr>
          		</table>
          	</div>
          as long as newmenu in this snipet matches the code above, it should give you a new popup menu

Comment

awesome zach, thanks as always for your help.

Once I figured out I needed the form to make the admin functions work everything is working great.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X