Blank Page When Installing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank Page When Installing

I've searched the forums and I've found out that you have to upload the files in ascii mode.

Unfortunately I cant upload my files. I'm actually xfering them via our network to our Redhat Linux Server through Samba.

WHen i access the install.php file i get a blank page (the source is actually "<p></p>" ) and thats all.

Any ideas?
    I've tried chmod'n the files with many different options. Still no luck.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Donn

Is there any reason why your not just uploading the files via FTP?

Do make sure your config.php is properly configured as well.

Comment

Yeah we dont have FTP enabled on our server because we're avoiding attacks that way. Its shut off for that purpose.

Since we can access it internally there is no reason for us to turn on FTP.

the config.php file is working fine.

d

Comment

I just turned our FTP on, ftp'd the files over in ascii as stated in many posts, and then tried it again... no luck.

I still have a blank page.

Any ideas? I know PHP is working on my server, but could there be things that are not set up right?

Thanks,

d

Comment

Can you upload this file http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/attac...achmentid=9958

And give me a link to it?

Comment

Check your PM's.

Comment

--without-mysql'

You have no mysql support and your running the oldest version of php possible,

I suggest you upgrade to php 4.3.6 and install mysql 4.0.18, unless your mysql server is elsewhere.. ?

Comment

Ha ha! Lovely.

Ok.. I"ll upgrade right now.

Thanks for checking it out. I have mysql in stalled, I just installed it yesterday from mysql.com's downloads. So I'll get the php and we'll see from there.

d

Comment

Youll need to make sure you have --with-mysql and --with-xml so vB3 will function right

Comment

Working...
                  X