Adding the "thread started" date to forumdisplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding the "thread started" date to forumdisplay

I'd like to add a column (preferably sortable as well) to forumdisplay that shows when threads have been started, not just modified.

Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?

It appears that information is not available for forumdisplay pages. Adding that information would require modifying the files, and so I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site.

Comment

Yeah, I suspected that may be the case. I was hoping, though, that since it appears the originating user is parsed on forumdisplay, that the originating time would be parse-able as well. Thanks for the info, though!

Other than the column implementation I request above, is there any way to grab the originating time/date and use it, without extensive hacking? It doesn't have to be sortable, or even a separate column (instead, it could appear next to the originating poster's name, under the thread title). I've seen a couple hacks at vbb.org, but I'm looking for a non-hack solution first.

Comment

Originally posted by bannoy
        Other than the column implementation I request above, is there any way to grab the originating time/date and use it, without extensive hacking? It doesn't have to be sortable, or even a separate column (instead, it could appear next to the originating poster's name, under the thread title). I've seen a couple hacks at vB.org, but I'm looking for a non-hack solution first.
        I imagine that could be done with some custom code in the phpinclude_start template, but the code would get pretty crazy with all of the forumdisplay variables that need to be accounted for. Hacking would probably be easier. Either way you should probably post on www.vbulletin.org about this.

Comment

Cool... thanks again for the help with this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X