Email Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Not Working

I am not able to receive emails from my vbsite (http://www.ragepipe.com). When I do a diagnostic test it passes with the following Results:

No errors were returned while attempting to send the email. Check [email protected] shortly to confirm you've received the email. If you don't receive the email, try sending the test to a different address. If that fails, check your mail server's configuration.

The mail log shows:

May 10 14:20:24 vB-RagePipe sendmail[6134]: i4AIKOeu006134: [email protected], ctladdr=apache (48/48), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=30249, relay=[127.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (i4AIKOZO006138 Message accepted for delivery)

My hostname on the server is vB-RagePipe and this is in the /etc/hosts file like that for the loopback. Should it be www.ragepipe.com ? Is that maybe why its not working?

The mail log shows that the email was accepted. Did you check the mail reject logs?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm running RH9 where would they be? I don't see a mail reject log in the /var/log/ directory.

Comment

I've got it!! The daemon was hung and although it was shown as running (ps -ef |grep) it wasn't really running correctly. I had to hup the process, then restart it manually. It's running now and allowing mail through. Thank you for the help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X