Mod CP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod CP

Do the options within the Mod CP change based on what you allow your mods to do in the user group settings? Or do I need to actually edit the mod panel to remove some of the options I don't want them to have?
    Julie

Originally posted by JustAskJulie
    Do the options within the Mod CP change based on what you allow your mods to do in the user group settings?
    Yes.

For regular moderators, the options changed based on the mod settings in your:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager

Add / edit a moderator and you will see the permissions.

Super moderators can do everything in the Mod CP.

Comment

Thanks Jake.

Next question. I have several mods that I currently give Super Mod power to so that they can mod throughout all the forums. However, I don't want them to have power to ban users or do other admin type things... basically I just want them to be able to mod throughout the forums. So what is the best way to address this? With Vb2 I just never gave them the URL for the mod forum. With vb3 is my best bet to do the same? And removethe link for the Mod CP from the site?
      Julie

Comment

Originally posted by JustAskJulie
        Thanks Jake.

Next question. I have several mods that I currently give Super Mod power to so that they can mod throughout all the forums. However, I don't want them to have power to ban users or do other admin type things... basically I just want them to be able to mod throughout the forums. So what is the best way to address this? With Vb2 I just never gave them the URL for the mod forum. With vb3 is my best bet to do the same? And removethe link for the Mod CP from the site?
        I didn't want my mods to be able to prune or move threads. So I just deleted thread.php in the modcp folder. I'm assuming if you deleted banning.php, they would no longer be able to ban users either.

Comment

What Josh said... I would just delete the files relating to the features you don't want used.

Keep in mind that some of the Mod CP files are also linked to from the Admin CP nav column. For example, the links under the Moderation section of the Admin CP go to modcp/moderate.php. If you need to use these features then you can leave the files there and put an htaccess password on the [i]modcp[i] directory so your mods can't access it.

Comment

Thanks guys. But this still leaves the options listed in the mod cp from what I'm seeing... just that if they are clicked on they get a 404. So how do I edit the modcp to remove those options so the mods don't even know they could have access to them?
            Julie

Comment

You need to edit modcp/index.php. It should be simple to remove options, but since this involves hacking please ask over at vbulletin.org if you need help.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X