Trouble logging in or accessing site after upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble logging in or accessing site after upgrading

I just uptraded from Beta 7 to 3.01. I got a couple errors at first, 1030 and 1050. I fixed that by deleting some files off of my server. I believe there was not enough room on the server for the installation.

Anyway, it finally allowed me to upgrade and everything went fine. When I was done it sent me to the admincp page where I logged in. And that is where I was presented with this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fetch_avatar_url() in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/global.php(395) : eval()'d code on line 9

You need to revert all your templates.

Did you make a backup before you do the upgradE?

if your talking about mysql error numbers 1030 and 1050 that does not really tell us much, we need to see the whol error message to be able to help. It souinds as if the whole upgrade was not properly done.

Comment

How do I "revert my templates"? I did not back the database up unfortunately. I've attached the entire body the two different types of error messages I received.

Note that once I made some room on my server the error messages ceased and I was able to get beyond the first step in upgrading.

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 7:

Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE attachment ADD thumbnail_dateline INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL
      mysql error: Got error 122 from table handler

mysql error number: 1030

Date: Saturday 08th of May 2004 03:51:42 PM
      Script:
      http://www.thenakedreview.com/forums/install/upgrade6.php?step=1
      Referer:
      IP Address: 24.21.237.32

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:
      CREATE TABLE access (
      userid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      forumid SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      accessmask SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
      PRIMARY KEY userid (userid, forumid)
      )

mysql error: Table 'access' already exists

mysql error number: 1050

Date: Saturday 08th of May 2004 03:43:37 PM
      Script:
      http://www.thenakedreview.com/forums/install/install.php?step=3
      Referer:
      http://www.thenakedreview.com/forums/install/install.php?step=2
      IP Address: 24.21.237.32

Comment

You cant run the install system to upgrade, you need to run the upgrade.php not install.php :/

Comment

I did have a vbstyles "hexvision" style loaded and I was using that with Beta 7. I didn't delete it or disable it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
            You cant run the install system to upgrade, you need to run the upgrade.php not install.php :/
            When I first ran the install.php script it took me to a page where it told me that I already had vb installed and if I wanted to upgrade instead. I clicked upgrade.

Comment

Also, it seemed to finish upgrading fine as I went from RC1 all the way up to 3.01 with now problems. Now when I try to use the upgrade.php script it send me to the admincp login. I'm guessing i have it upgraded all the way.

What does this message mean and how do I get into my admin panel and forums?

Comment

Try reuploading all the non image files, they must go up in ASCII mode, youll also need to revert all your templates in order to use vB 3.0.1

Comment

By reuploading all of the non-image files am I "reverting all of [my] templates."?

Comment

No, your uploading the files again to make sure they were uploading correctly

to revert your templates

AdminCP > Styles & templates > Style Manager > Click on the style drop down > Revert all templates

Comment

Ok, I reuploaded the entire "uploads" directory minus the images folder and I still get the same error message when trying to access the forums or the admincp.

Comment

I cannot access the admincp to revert the templates. Any other way?

Comment

Zachery do you have any more suggestions?

Comment

Ok, what I think I need to do, and this is only a guess, which is what It's looking like I'm forced to do, is to create a new database. Then backup the old database and then restore the database into the new one.

What I don't know is if the old database is corrupted somehow because of whatever I did.

A little help would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                            X