X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thegunowner149
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    No, spiders are guests, logout and everything that you can see as a guest(because spiders ARE guests) will be all that they can spider
    AH! Outstanding, thank you sir!

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    No, spiders are guests, logout and everything that you can see as a guest(because spiders ARE guests) will be all that they can spider

Leave a comment:

• thegunowner149
    replied
    *nod* I understand that. But archived posts are spiderable by search engines are they not?

My point is, once they are spidered by the search engine, people will be able to see the posts in private forums (by searching for it on the search engine), will they not?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    The archive is based on the same permissions the user viewing it has, so if you are logged in, you see everything, however logout and you will only be able to see what you have given your guests the ability to see

Leave a comment:

• thegunowner149
    started a topic Archive question

Archive question

I searched the forums and VB Manual for this, i'm sorry if it is mentioned, I just couldn't find it

My understanding is the archive makes it easy for search engines to spider your pages. That's great, but when I click on my archive, my moderator/admin forums which are private (for security purposes) have their posts archived. If the information in those forums got publically accessable via a search engine, it would be a disaster.

Is there a way I can disable certain forums from being archived? Or am I misunderstanding how things work?

Thank you.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X