Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Long process Snitz 3.4.04 -> phpBB 2.0.8 -> vB 3.0.1 - And it fails.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Long process Snitz 3.4.04 -> phpBB 2.0.8 -> vB 3.0.1 - And it fails.

Well - I'd finally had enough - I'd been running a race car forum on Snitz for the best part of 2 years. Snitz is quite basic out of the box and when your board lacks functionality such as polls, private messaging, ease of installation and management vBulletin seemed an obvious choice.

Its not a straight process to upgrade. You have to

1. get Snitz out of SQL Server into Access.
    2. Install MySQL
    3. Create a new database and user to hold the Snitz data..
    4. Use AccessDump to build a large .sql script that dumps your Snitz schema and all your data to import into the new MySQL database.
    5. Run the script to populate the Snitz MySQL database.
    6. Create another new database to hold the new phpBB data.
    5. Install PhP and configure ISAPI filters
    6. Install phpBB and run a default configure to populate its database.
    7. Install the snitz2php conversion web app and configure
    8. Run sntiz2php to update the phpBB MySQL database from the Snitz data.
    9. Check phpBB and hey presto.

And now the important bits.

10. Installed vBulletin 3.0.1 a fresh after just purchasing.
    11. Check the base install - everything fine.
    12. install the ImpEx utilities from the site containing the various import tools including support for phpBB2.
    13. I configure run the script and get perfectly to the point of importing topics and the page returns almost immediately with just a page footer - no message to report.

I can't seem to restart the process unless I completely reinstall vbulletin back the a fresh database.

Anyone have any ideas ? or maybe an easier way to achieve this ?

Thanks for building such a great bulletin board - its worth all the effort.

Regards

Ian.

I'm not quite sure where it's hanging there, unfortunately I have no experience getting phpbb into vbulletin 3 - however - I was able to get it into vb2 and upgrade... I know you're not looking for an extra step; but it worked for me during that long process (which took me a full day). This does sound like something's "off" with the new ImpEx script, but since I'm not familiar with it, I can't say.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X