Norton Internet Security 2004 and vBulletin 3.0.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton Internet Security 2004 and vBulletin 3.0.1

Got this report from a user after an upgrade to 3.0.1. Let me know if anyone can help.

I've encountered a minor issue since the upgrade. I use Norton Internet Security 2004 for virus protection and as a firewall at home and something in this version of vBulletin is triggering security alerts. Whenever I post I get the following message:

This page provides potentially unsafe information to an Active X control. As a result some portions of the page may not display correctly.

I'm still able to see the page(s) correctly as far as I can tell and it doesn't interfere with my ability to post so it's more annoying than anything. I don't have a good understanding of how Active X controls work yet, but I run the Norton software at a fairly low security level so I'm guessing that there's some potentially bad code in the current release of vBulletin. I doubt anyone can do anything about it but I'm going to report the issue to the vBulletin folks and see what they say.

Is he using the wysiwyg editor? If so, have him try the standard.
    My Twitterings

Comment

He is using standard. Anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
        He is using standard. Anyone else have any ideas?
        It is the IE filters that causes dropshadows on the menus and the screen to grey out during logout.

Not something that can be used to exploit the system and not caught with the default settings on most firewalls. They have been part of IE since version 4 and are the same controls that allow people to use glowing text and reverse images.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X