Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physically Deleting Posts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Physically Deleting Posts

    I went into Forums & Moderators and chose Show All Moderators in order to verify that none of my MODS can Physically delete posts. Then I tested this with one of my test accounts and even though it is set to "No" not to allow posts to be Physically deleted for some reason they are able to Physically Delete Posts.

    Can someone help me resolve this issue?

  • #2
    I just made a test user, added him as moderator to a forum, set his permission to NO for physical delete and checked with forums & mods > view all mods > edit permissions of the test user and it was no. Then I logged in as this user, went to the forum where he is mod in, clicked on edit on a post and it only allowed me to soft delete and not perm delete the post. It appears to be working here on 3.0.1 for moderators.

    note: super moderators can't get limited.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Floris
      I just made a test user, added him as moderator to a forum, set his permission to NO for physical delete and checked with forums & mods > view all mods > edit permissions of the test user and it was no. Then I logged in as this user, went to the forum where he is mod in, clicked on edit on a post and it only allowed me to soft delete and not perm delete the post. It appears to be working here on 3.0.1 for moderators.

      note: super moderators can't get limited.
      Something is seriously wrong on my forums Floris because they currently can Physically delete posts even when I specifically tell it not to allow that.

      Comment


      • #4
        If you want me to have a peek, please send me your forum details so I can login and check up on your permissions? Maybe you have overlooked something. Also let me know which moderator has these permission problems.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Floris
          If you want me to have a peek, please send me your forum details so I can login and check up on your permissions? Maybe you have overlooked something. Also let me know which moderator has these permission problems.
          Ok will do. I will PM you the details in just a moment.

          Comment


          • #6
            I can reproduce this on your forum, I have made a test account and added the user as moderator and set permission to not ph. delete, but I can still do that.

            I have looked around, but can not find out why this is happening. Do you have any hacks installed, and if so, which ones?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Floris
              I can reproduce this on your forum, I have made a test account and added the user as moderator and set permission to not ph. delete, but I can still do that.

              I have looked around, but can not find out why this is happening. Do you have any hacks installed, and if so, which ones?
              No hacks whatsoever. Only thing I did was edit templates based on Template edits mentioned here. What do we do next to resolve this?

              Comment


              • #8
                Actually Floris let me make sure one of my files wasn't hacked. I will respond back shortly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok, I verified I have all clean files. Its still allowing them to delete though

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Can someone help me with this issue? Floris has taken a look and can't seem to figure it out either. I even reverted all templates back to their original state to see if that would work and it didnt.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was made aware that Floris was unsure how to resolve this problem. Can someone give me an update on it's status?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

                        http://www.vbulletin.com/members/me...contactform.php

                        Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                        Steve Machol Photography


                        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ticket sent

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Unfortunately the user you provided is not a Moderator of any forum or even in the Moderator usergroup. I have responded requesting more info.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                            Steve Machol Photography


                            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I sent you two emails just now Steve. Make sure you read them both before trying it. I left something out in the first one.

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X