Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

How can I remove the name of the user who started the post that appears under each new thread? See attached image.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by phxgem
    How can I remove the name of the user who started the post that appears under each new thread? See attached image.
    Thanks.
    OK, go into the style manager and make the following changes to the templates in the Threadbit Templates section:

threadbit
    find and delete:
    Code:
    <if condition="$show['guestuser']">
    	$thread[postusername]
       <else />
    	<span style="cursor:pointer" onclick="window.open('member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$thread[postuserid]')">$thread[postusername]</span>
       </if>
    threadbit_deleted
    find and delete:
    Code:
    <if condition="$show['guestuser']">
    	$thread[postusername]
       <else />
    	<span style="cursor:pointer" onclick="window.open('member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$thread[postuserid]')">$thread[postusername]</span>
       </if>
    BEFORE YOU MAKE CHANGES, COPY THE TEMPLATE CODE TO NOTEPAD JUST IN CASE THE CODE DOES NOT WORK HOW YOU WANT IT TO.

Comment

No real need to back it up to a .txt file, because vBulletin offers to 'revert' changed templates to the stock ones. Also, notepad feels it needs to break lines after x characters, so I advice against using notepad, it has been the reason sometimes for template mods not working for script lines get wrapped to the next line.

Comment

Thank you DJWard, removed the code and got what I was looking for.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X