Thread Views Are Always the Number of Replies + 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Views Are Always the Number of Replies + 1

I tried posting this in vBulletin 3 Troubleshooting and Problems, but no one would reply. Maybe this location will have better results...

I could be looking at any forum index page and look at all the thread views, but each and every one of the view counts will always be the number of replies within that thread + 1.

I've got the following setting...
    vBulletin Options / Server Settings and Optimization Options / Update Thread Views Immediately: Yes

But that doesn't help at all. Are there any other settings that I know about?

Done anything with the templates?
    meow

Comment

This is the line that runs that process:

PHP Code:
          // doing it as they happen

$DB_site->shutdown_query("
              UPDATE " 
      TABLE_PREFIX "thread
              SET views = views + 1
              WHERE threadid = " 
      intval($threadinfo['threadid'])
          ); 
      The only thing that comes to mind is that somehow it is adding 1 to the number of replies instead of views, but I don't see how that could happen unless you hacked the code.

Comment

Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/me...contactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Actually, I did install vBadvanced Homepage. Would that present a problem?

Comment

Yes it could. You will need to remove all hacks to get official support.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X