Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin email registration Error

Dear vBulletin staff,

I seems to have a little trouble with the vBulletin automatic email system.
    Every time a user sign up on my website, they will not receive the confirmation email. Or anytime the Arcade system try to send information to user the error occurs. And my email: [email protected] receives the Mail Delivery Fail mail.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

********@hotmail.com
    unrouteable mail domain "hotmail.com"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

I dont think it's my host's email system error. I have tried to mail other people and myself with [email protected] and it works fine. Is there any way for me to fix the vBulletin Mall via PHP system?

If you are getting this bounce error:

unrouteable mail domain "****.com"

It may be due to this option being checked in WebHost Manager for the server:

Prevent the user 'nobody' from sending out mail to remote addresses (php and cgi scripts generally run as nobody if you are not using phpsuexec and suexec respectively.)
    Unchecking this option should stop this problem. You will of course need to have root access to do this. If you don't, then you'll need to ask your web host to do this for you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you very much. That worked.

Comment

Working...
      X