Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Install Good - BUT JUST TEMPLATES, NO TEXT?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Good - BUT JUST TEMPLATES, NO TEXT?!

I installed VB3 and every step went great....I went to login (after deleting install.php) and there is no text on the buttons, on the home page or anything....

See for your self: http://www.matthibbard.com

There is no text anywhere! What do I do? I have already started from scratch many times...

Thanks, Matt

upload tools.php to your admincp directory, use it to reimport the Master Language file, once this is done try loging in again, did this slove the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      upload tools.php to your admincp directory, use it to reimport the Master Language file, once this is done try loging in again, did this slove the problem?
      No, when it reimported the file, only a few bars showed up before it said Done, Okay... like this [:::]

No, i tried it twice, no text. What should I do now?

Comment

Do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

PHP Code:
        <?php
        phpinfo
        ();
        ?>
        Name it 'phpinfo.php' then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Here is a link to the phpinfo.php file....

http://www.matthibbard.com/phpinfo.php

Comment

Your running an older outdated version of PHP and you dont have any XML support. XML support is needed to import the settings and language files.

Comment

You also seem to be on Yahoo hosting. They have purposely crippled PHP to disable many functtions required to run vB successfully. I'm afraid you will not be able to run vB3 on that host.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks guys, I am on the phone now waiting for tech support....they will wish I never called

Thanks, I will get them to update

Comment

Good luck getting yahoo to update their servers if that is your host

Comment

Working...
                  X