Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steven s
    replied
    Well I set all usergroups to 0 and I suspect it's a problem with a plugin.
    I guess I should really be posting this in the 3.6 section but since I use plugins, I'm on my own.

Edit: I fixed the problem by running the rebuild bitfields using tools.php.
    Last edited by steven s; Thu 2nd Nov '06, 6:54pm.

Leave a comment:

• Shanj
    replied
    Yep

I agree. I got that bit from another post. But the rest I did for myself.

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    Originally posted by Shanj View Post
    You also need to check that the user having probs is not being overrode by a secondary usergroup status.
    Shouldn't the higher number superceed the lower? For instance, if that user has attachment size set to 0 in any of their usergroups, it shouldn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• Shanj
    replied
    TWO settings necessary

OK I had this too anbd I am a new install, no upgrade.

You have to set the limit to 0 (zero) - or high, in the Usergroup concerned
    AND the same in the main admin CP/ vb options/ Message attachment options

You also need to check that the user having probs is not being overrode by a secondary usergroup status.

Leave a comment:

• bmckain
    replied
    I just upgraded from 3.5.x to 3.6.2. I am now getting this file exceeds limit where I was not before. I have checked what I would expect to be the appropriate places and as far as I can see all settings are set to 0.

Mind being a bit more explcit about where this file size limitation was imposed?

I know for a fact we have our Php set to 30 megs so a 400k limit came from the wonderful upgrade. If I seem a little harsh so be it, I don't expect an upgrade to change all of my settings and upgrading this time was an absolute nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is a Usergroup option:

Space (in bytes) that a user's total attachment usage may consume
    (Set to 0 to not have a limit)

Leave a comment:

• mark58
    replied
    i am getting the same problem... how do we setup the forums so that there is no limit on how much space a member uploads in total

Leave a comment:

• sbeard
    replied
    Ok...thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    The only limits per post are the number of attachments, not the combined file size.

Leave a comment:

• sbeard
    replied
    Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
    Looks like you've set your forum to not allow more than about 5 megabytes of attachments total - this is the sum of all of your attachments. You must have almost this amount now and so no new attachments are being allowed. Either increase the total allowed or prune attachments.
    I thought that setting was per post, not for the forum as a whole.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Looks like you've set your forum to not allow more than about 5 megabytes of attachments total - this is the sum of all of your attachments. You must have almost this amount now and so no new attachments are being allowed. Either increase the total allowed or prune attachments.

Leave a comment:

• sbeard
    started a topic Attachment Quota Problem

Attachment Quota Problem

The moderator of one of our forums is having problems uploading an attachment. The error she is getting is "file size exceeds the forum quota limit by 85.15k"

My "Limit Space Taken Up By Attachments (Total)" is set to 5242880 bytes.

Under Attachment permissions for her user group(Moderator), the "Space (in bytes) that a user's total attachment usage may consume" is set to 0 for no limit. Any ideas?

I as the Administrator am also getting the same error.
    Last edited by sbeard; Wed 5th May '04, 6:07am. Reason: additional info
Working...
X