User age verication.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User age verication.

How do I change the COPPA form to make sure the users are over the age of 18 and deny them if they are not? Also, How do I make the so the year is not optional when registering?
    Last edited by IDN; Tue 4th May '04, 11:00pm.
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Ok, I opened up register.php and changed 13 to 18 in the start of the file and it worked. What about requiring the user year?

Comment

They can always get around this by entering a fake age. There is no foolproof method to do this execpt by validating the new users yourself, but even that is not foolproof.

Comment

Yes, I know that. I would like to verify it. I went though register.php and didn't make much sense of it. I'm hoping I can do it from the template side.

If I require age and someone how it slips up they are a different age it's easier for a ban.

Comment

This requires directly modifying the code. It can't be done with templates. If you need further help, please ask over at vbulletin.org.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X