Soft Deletes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Deletes

I need a reminder. If I want to set it so my Moderator's can only do soft deletes instead of a complete removal from the database how do I set this up? Also, if I want to restore a post deleted how would I do this?

Thx

I think by default moderators can only do softdeletes, not hard ones, Smods and up can do both.

Comment

Where can I enable or disable this and how can I add back a soft deleted post?

Comment

how could I allow when mods delete a post, it is only moved to another box that admins or Smods could view (soft del) ?

Comment

Wow I didn't know about this. I'd like to have regular moderators be able to totally delete everything - not just soft delete.
          Whoopdie Doo

Comment

Originally posted by Roody
            Where can I enable or disable this and how can I add back a soft deleted post?
            Can someone help me with this question?

Comment

Admin CP > Forums & Moderators > Show All Moderators > Click Edit on the forum they moderate

Change

"Can Physically Delete Posts (Completely removes the post from the database)"

to Yes

Comment

Originally posted by ]SK[
                Admin CP > Forums & Moderators > Show All Moderators > Click Edit on the forum they moderate

Change

"Can Physically Delete Posts (Completely removes the post from the database)"

to Yes
                Thanks for that. Is there a way to recover soft deletes though?

Comment

Originally posted by Roody
                  Thanks for that. Is there a way to recover soft deletes though?
                  Yessir. When you soft delete it leaves behind a placeholder of sorts with links that allow you to view and manage the deleted post. Click on the "manage" link and select undelete. See here for more detailed instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by livius
                    Yessir. When you soft delete it leaves behind a placeholder of sorts with links that allow you to view and manage the deleted post. Click on the "manage" link and select undelete. See here for more detailed instructions.
                    Thanks for the help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X