Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the Variables I can use for the PM Alert email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobalt
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce
    Sorry for the delayed reply. The answer is no, there are no such variables with that information.

This is going to be a www.vbulletin.org thing.

Ouch! I must admit, I'm surprised at this lack - especially considering the robustness of the variable options in Forum/Thread subscription emails. I hope this ability is added to the next version.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Sorry for the delayed reply. The answer is no, there are no such variables with that information.

This is going to be a www.vbulletin.org thing.

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    I will post about this thread in the mod forum to see if any of the other support people or devs know if this is builtin.
    Thanks, Jake. I will wait patiently.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobalt
    Jake, I know that normally, support staff are not supposed to be contacted by PM for support issues. That being the case, what is the proper way to ask a Dev to take a look at a Thread that needs his/her help?
    I will post about this thread in the mod forum to see if any of the other support people or devs know if this is builtin.

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    I looked into this yesterday when you posted this thread but couldn't figure it out.

If no one here knows the answer then you might try posting on www.vbulletin.org for help.
    Wow! I would have thought that these variables would be standard stuff. Just like the ones used for the Thread/Forum Subscription emails.

Well, if it's not built in, I don't know if it's worth trying to hack this.

The question that needs to be answered is whether, in fact, these variables are built-in and exist somewhere in vB.

Jake, I know that normally, support staff are not supposed to be contacted by PM for support issues. That being the case, what is the proper way to ask a Dev to take a look at a Thread that needs his/her help?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    I looked into this yesterday when you posted this thread but couldn't figure it out.

If no one here knows the answer then you might try posting on www.vbulletin.org for help.

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    Bump?

Leave a comment:

• What are the Variables I can use for the PM Alert email?

Hi!

With the email that gets sent out when a user gets a PM, what are the variables I would need to add to the phrase if I wanted to include the person sending that PM, the Title of the PM, and the Message Text of the PM?

Thanksabunch!
Working...
X