Exporting Styles..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting Styles..

If I make a custom skin on a test forum..how would I transfer that skin to my regular forums? Do I do an import XML file or something? If so, how?
    Unscripted 360 - Xbox 360 Community Podcast

Download the style from your test forum:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Download / Upload Styles

Then go to the same section on your regular forum and import the downloaded xml file. You need to manually upload any images that accompany the style.

Comment

thanks Jake!

Comment

One other question. How would I go about making this custom skin able to use its own images directory etc so that when users select the old skin it's not intermingled with images from the new skin...cause right now when I uploaded the xml file and made the skin I created a choice the new images are used on the old skin as well...but I want them to be totally separate...like the new skin uses its own images and the default skin uses its own images...does this make sense?

Comment

Just set the image paths on this skin to wherever you have uploaded these images.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

oh okay...so i can make a new folder of images and just set the image path to that? how would i set the image path?? which file/template etc do i edit to set the path? (sorry for the newb question)

Comment

lmao..nevermind...admincp > style manager > style options > Image Paths. lmao...i'm such a goof...this is where i change the image paths right??

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X