Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration Email not working, Reminder email not working

Registration Email not working, Password Reminder email not working

But if I do a test in the admin email test screen it works - to all users?

When user registers they don't get a email validation email.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Robert Ward
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Try registering a test account and see if you receive the activation email.

If the email test is working but users aren't receiving activation emails then I suspect the emails might be getting filtered by spam filters on the other end. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to prevent this, but you can post a notice for these users by following the instructions in this thread.

Comment

Yes, that would be a possiblity but I registard as a new user using a different website and email on a different server. Still got nothing. I have spam filters on that server but the emails just get flagged. If I send a test email to that server it shows up fine.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Robert Ward
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I just registered an account on your forums and I received the activation email.

The problem must be with the email addresses being entered or with the sendmail service on your server. I am leaning towards the former more than the later.

Comment

then why does the test email work in vbadmin?
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Robert Ward
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Probably because test emails don't contain whatever content is tripping the filters on the other end.

Comment

Please try our forum

Could you guys please try creating an account on our forum and see if you get the email? None of our users or myself are getting any of the mail servers from vB3 - and I have invoked the F parameter (or whatever) as well has having run the diagnotics....which came up clean....

Help, please.....

www.EricsonYachts.com/infoexchange/

Thanks -

Sean Engle

Comment

You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

They've done that. They said the mail is never reaching the mail queue. The diagnostics say that it's working, and give no indication of a failure.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanE
                    Could you guys please try creating an account on our forum and see if you get the email? None of our users or myself are getting any of the mail servers from vB3 - and I have invoked the F parameter (or whatever) as well has having run the diagnotics....which came up clean....

Help, please.....

Thanks -

Sean Engle
                    I tried registering but you don't have email confirmation enabled so no email would have been sent.

Comment

Yeah, I did that because when the email confirmation is required, and the email is not being received, the new users have no way of activating their account. I had to turn it off - or they could not register.

Ok - I've turned ON the following:

- Email confirmation required on registration
                      - Welcome email upon registration.

Please check it again. You'll see what I'm talking about.

//sse

Comment

Have you checked the mail logs like I suggested? This will tell you exactly what is happening to these emails.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

-----Original Message-----
                          From: pair Networks Support [mailto:[email protected]]
                          Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 11:34 AM
                          To: [email protected]
                          Subject: Re: [Z2P5M2Z] Mail Services on eeoth.pair.com

Hello,

I can confirm it's not working. No mail from the script is being injected in to the queue. It seems like it's just silently failing. You will need to contact the author of the script.

I apologize that we couldn't be of more assistance. =(

Regards,
                          Elizabeth
                          ------
                          pair Networks' Support Department [email protected]
                          The Support Forum, online resource center: http://support.pair.com/

Pair Networks has indicated that nothing is going into the queue (see above) - but I will have the log pulled.

Stand by...

//sse
                          Last edited by SeanE; Thu 15th Jul '04, 9:38pm.

Comment

Honestly I don't think they are looking at the correct logs. There is no reason for mail to 'fail' if the server is setup correctly and you haven't installed any hacks to break it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No, I've not installed any hacks.

http://www.ericsonyachts.com/infoexchange/phpinfo.php

You can see our installation is about as boring as it gets. I was just kind of surprised to find all the threads on this board about failing mail, that's all.

Have you guys been dealing with a rash of vB3x mail failures - or is it spotty? Just Windows servers?

I've requested the logs - won't see them until the AM. I'll pick this up tomorrow. Must sleep now...

Thanks,
                              //sse

Comment