Setting up vB3 in localhost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up vB3 in localhost

I heard we can setup localhosts to test out vB3.

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial to setup a localhost?

thank you

There is no tutorial for this, just some threads that have discussed this.

Note: Licensed members only are allowed to temporary setup another copy on either localhost or web server, for testing purposes only. This copy has to be private (not accessable by the public), temporary (not for a long period) and in the directory testvb/ or vbtest/ (so the piracy people kind of understand you have this for testing).

The setup goes the same as with a normal installation, it requires a web server, php and mysql to be installed.

There are Win32 builds for Apache, PHP and MySQL which will run just fine on Windows based operating systems. You can install them individually, or get a total package.

A total package will be a setup.exe that when run, installs all the required programs. (except vb). An example is EasyPHP and in many other threads, others have been mentioned too.

Comment

Thanks Floris!

I know the policy about temporary setup because I was trying to setup a localhost to test install a vB to test out the uShop and uCash for vB 3.

I'll test that EasyPHP out.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
        Note: Licensed members only are allowed to temporary setup another copy on either localhost or web server, for testing purposes only. This copy has to be private (not accessable by the public), temporary (not for a long period) and in the directory testvb/ or vbtest/ (so the piracy people kind of understand you have this for testing).
        Is this a new policy that test boards must be temporary? The Licensing Agreement makes no mention of that, nor do I recall ever seeing it posted on this Board before.
        Originally posted by vBulletin Licensing Agreement
        If you have a valid licence, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our licence verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public.
        The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
        Articles - Forum Review
        Interviews:
        KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
        Paul M

Comment

If it is not temporary, then it is just another forum running. I remember the license agreement mention this, if it isn't in there. Then I am wrong

Comment

Yeah, it is another forum running - for testing purposes, and not available to the general public. AFAIK, it can exist as long as it's associated with a valid license.
            The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
            Articles - Forum Review
            Interviews:
            KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
            Paul M

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X