Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

free subscription forum or public group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free subscription forum or public group?

I am trying to make a group or forum that can be subscribed to at no cost. Would like to have control over who gets in so don't think public forum will work. Unless there is a way to moderate new users?

I recommend you use a public joinable group. Create a new usergroup in your:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Add New Usergroup

Set the Public (Joinable) Custom Usergroups option to Yes.

Then add a group leader to the group in your:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Add Usergroup Leader (in the menu)

If it's just you that will be moderating join requests then enter your name. The group needs at least one group leader or else join requests will be honored immediately. Group leaders can moderate join requests in their User CP -> Group Memberships.

Then configure the private forum's permissions so the new group has access while the others don't (except admins and mods probably):

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Now users can request access to the private forum by requesting membership to the new group in their User CP -> Group Memberships.

Comment

Thank You Jake

I didn't know about the assigning a leader part. This will be great. Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X