Location in post? shows No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location in post? shows No

where do I turn it on so it shows the location??

I have checked all settings in options and user settings and it show no,, on other sites it shows ok,, so this is just on 1 site,, did a compare from 2 admincp's and didn't see where or what was causing this,, must be blind...lol

The word location: shows, but not the actual location?

A location will show if a user has set his location in the user control panel.
    The location variable/phrase is set in the postbit template make sure the code is right.

Comment

Its turned on I think and shows the work location,
      but show the word no and not the location of the person ,, the person location should be there,, I am looking at my own location and another person and both have them set ...

Comment

this is only in posts,, in user profile it works fine

Comment

revert the postbit template and see if that shows the correct value.

Comment

<if condition="$post['joindate']"><div>$vbphrase[join_date]: $post[joindate]</div></if>
            <if condition="$post['field2']"><div>$vbphrase[location_perm]: $post[field2]</div></if>

seems ok, and matches the one on another site that works

Comment

Do you have some hacks installed ?

Comment

nope

Comment

this was an upgrade from vb 2.3.0 to 3.0.1 and it runs great except for that

Comment

I just saw something,, when I did the upgrade it killed the field2 I think I might know wherew to fix it,, will post back in a minute
                    photopost had an error and that how I saw fied2 wasn't there

Comment

Goto the User Profile Fields in the Admin CP and find the new value for the location field

Comment

field12

can this be renamed to field2 so it might show,,thru phpmyadmin

Comment

renaming field12 to field2 in phpmyadmin made it work,,,

now the ? is ,, shouldn't the upgrade have done that????

Comment

Hi there, you can just edit the postbit to say field12 instead of field2. You shouldn't use phpMyAdmin to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                              Hi there, you can just edit the postbit to say field12 instead of field2. You shouldn't use phpMyAdmin to do this.
                              Thanks
                              did that and now am waiting to see if any errors ,,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X