browser crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• browser crash

Some users said their browser IE crash (suddenly close by itself)

Um, I'm not sure what to say about that. That's really not a lot of info to go on.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It happened to me also today.
      I can't give u more infos cause I don't have them.
      Just when the a thread is loading the IE crashes. This happens sometimes

Comment

Does it ever happen here? Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Only the header I've edited.
          I've added a script that roteate some banners.
          Here is the code that I have at the bottom of my header template

<br>
          <center><script src="<A href="http://www.interfans.org/ledads/ledad_js.php"></script></center">http://www.interfans.org/ledads/ledad_js.php"></script></center>

Comment

Remove that script from your header and see if you still have this problem. I'll bet that's the cause of this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I removed that script but the error is still there.

Maybe it's due to the fact that I am using a style made for vb 3.0 and now my board is vb 3.01?

Comment

If ie is constantly crashing for a specific user they should attemtp to repair their instation of IE

Comment

no it's not crashing only for 1 user unfortunately this happend to 6-7 users till now and also to me

Comment

Try using a totaly stock template, clear your temporay internet files. and reboot. usualy if your crashing often this is a sign of the system not in the best state

Comment

stock template? what's that?

Comment

Not modified.

Comment

u mean template or style?

Comment

If all your templates are default id see no reason for IE to crash, create a new style with no parrent style, and try using that and see if IE will crash.

Comment

I am using default templates but this error happened twice in the last 2 mins
                              Can I find out the type of error when I get the messsage window that just ask me if I wanna send an email to...blablabla...?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X